PLEASE NOTE: This project is now CLOSED
No further development will made on this project.
Telerik Sitefinity CMS
is a free product that has similar features to the .communities project.
The Community Advanced Starter Kit
project is available for users requiring a complete implementation of a community content management framework.
.communities is more than just a refactored version of the Community Starter Kit
, with .communities the intention is to create a full featured, industry standard web application which can be used without modification to create a multi-user collaborative
website. Included with .communities are a set of core modules which will allow users to perform generic tasks such as creating articles, blog entries, discussions etc. .communities also makes it much easier to create new modules and is useful for developers
who require a customised user experience for creating/displaying content. The core framework has also been redesigned with a new level of customisation, allowing for developers to extend the framework however they see fit.
Here are just a few of the more advanced features of .communities:
- An extensible core framework architecture allowing for complete customisation
- Enterprise Library integration for database access, caching, logging and exception handling
- ASP.NET 2.0 Membership, Role, Profile and Personalisation features (including
Web Parts integration)
- Implements the Provider Model pattern for customised application configuration
- Includes the Tasks Application Block for running scheduled background processes
- Read More...
If you would like to provide feedback on .communities, please direct your comments or questions to the developer forums - accessed via the
tab at the top of this page. Please
post work items to the Issue Tracker
, I will convert a discussion to a work item if I feel that it is worth further investigation (this will make it easier for me to manage the project).